Thursday, December 30, 2010

Oh Baby... Baby Bok Choi!

I cooked this little delicacy last night for our dinner veggie and it was tasty!  Like most of the green things I cook I prefer the pure approach with little to no seasoning and no oil whatsoever. I could have chosen to steam these little babes 
but instead I chose to braise them in lightly salted water in a big metal fry pan. This method is sort of a heavy flash steaming. I left them whole to get a better visual presentation as my internet research had recommended.  My husband needs his veggies more cooked than raw so the Bok choi did wilt and the meaty part was half way to mushy in less than 4 minutes. 


I recommend cooking them less so they can retain more crispness in an almost raw state.  I’ll have to try that sometime when I’m eating solo.  If you try that first, do let us all know how that comes out!  I think a sprinkle of sesame seed oil would be great on each serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment