- Soaked white cannellini beans and cooked them last night
- Sauteed some dried lemon grass and Vidalia onions in extra virgin olive oil until the onions started to caramelize then added chicken stock. For some reason, I cannot seem to eat enough Vidalias this year.
- Peeled, chunked, and roasted Golden Hubbard Squash (it really is a vivid yellow gold!) until the chunks started to caramelize. They looked like pineapple chunks and tasted so sweet.
- Large-sectioned several deep red Cherokee Purple tomatoes that had to be eaten. I would never usually "waste" such an expensive tomato in soup but the look of the soup was so unique because of it. The non-acidic taste of these heirlooms continues to surprise me!
- Everything got put in the soup pot along with some chopped fresh arugula, Red Malabar Spinach, Tulsi basil, a little more lemon grass, sea salt, and ground pepper.
|Golden Hubbard Squash & Cannellini Bean Soup|