Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Kale Chips

 These are one of my kids favorites!  I was ecstatic to find kale on the market last week, so I promptly ordered two bunches and then had to wait until Friday.   I hate waiting, especially when it has to do with food I love to prepare and eat!

This recipe is adapted from one I found on Food Network.

Kale Chips

Wash and tear into chip-sized pieces, removing the rib

1 bunch kale

Dry kale and toss with
olive oil

to lightly coat.  Spread the kale in a single layer on a cookie sheet.  Blend well and sprinkle lightly over kale
1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/8 teaspoon pepper


Keep the leftovers for great all around seasoning. Or sprinkle the kale with your seasoning of choice.

Roast at 400 degrees for 20 minutes flipping once, or until they are crispy but not burnt.

Then make a second batch…they won’t last long!
 

1 comment:

  1. KIm: these sound and look heavenly! thank you for posting this. Looking forward to your next adventure...

    ReplyDelete