Sunday, August 12, 2012

Eggplant Jam?

At last I found a recipe that I can get excited about using up alot of the fresh homegrown eggplant we have on hand right now.  As a "feed" fan of David Lebovitz, I received an email today with just the ticket for creating something truly different and seemingly very tasty as well.

Lebovitz adapted a recipe called "Eggplant Jam" from "From Tapas to Meze" by Joanne Weir and I cannot wait to try this one.  Anything to tempt myself into eating more of it. My husband loves eggplant but, unless I am willing to spend the excessive time to make Eggplant Parmesan (which I truly love) I have little interest in eggplant's flavorless taste.  Although this recipe requires the eggplant to be baked before making the dish, it seems to get less complicated, less structured, and perhaps not as time consuming as eggplant parmesan which can require dipping and pan frying it before layering it ad nauseum. Note: You can buy Pomegranite Molasses at Cedar Market on 54th Ave. N. in St. Petersburg.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment